Bruschetta with Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil
A combination of classic flavours. This bruschetta with tomato, Laverstoke buffalo mozzarella and basil is simply a taste sensation. Quick, easy and delicious.
- Quarter tomatoes, remove pip and finely chop to 1cm cubes.
- Finely chop the spring onion and basil.
- Slice mozzarella into 8 pieces.
- Halve Focaccia, length ways.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
3 Fresh organic salad tomatoes
1 spring onion
2 garlic cloves
¼ bunch of basil
125g Laverstoke buffalo mozzarella ball
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to season
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil, and spring onion to a mixing bowl.
- Season well with salt and pepper and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Drizzle both halves of focaccia in olive oil.
- Crush garlic and rub well into the bread, and season with rock salt.
- Place the focaccia under the grill until golden.
- Top the focaccia with the bruschetta topping, and add slices mozzarella even onto both halves.
- Return under the grill until the mozzarella melts and begins to golden.