- 1. Wrap a head of garlic in foil bake for 20 mins and reserve.
- 2. Bone out lamb saddle and remove the meat from the belly flaps.
- 3. BBQ the belly meat for 3 hours wrapped in wet hay with garlic, rosemary and thyme in foil over a low heat area of the BBQ.
- 4. Wilt the Swiss chard and pat dry well.
- 5. Blanch the peas and beans and dry.
- 6. Once the belly meat is soft strip away from the skin and shred the meat including a little of the fat.
- 7. In a bowl combine the meat, peas, beans, chard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and chopped thyme.
- 8. Lay the saddle out flat skin side down, fill the cavity with the stuffing (you may have some stuffing left over) fold over the flaps of skin and tie with butchers string.
- 9. Grill over a high heat to sear the outside then wrap in hay and foil and cook over in direct heat for 20 mins.
- 10. Rest the meat in the foil for 10 mins, remove all the hay and carve in to slices, garnish with a salad of peas, beans, asparagus and pea shoots.