Laverstoke Park Recipe Favourites:
Buffalo Bolognese with Mozarella
This family favourite takes on a new twist with Clare Scheckter's own version of this classic dish where the mozzarella really enhances the rich flavour of the dish. And it is so easy to prepare.
Serves 4-5 depending how hungry they are.
500g Buffalo Mince
2 x small finely diced onions
30g tomato puree
1 x tin chopped tomatoes
20 x washed and dried cherry tomatoes
1 x peeled and finely chopped clove of garlic
1 x tablespoon of olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 x tub of small ball Buffalo Mozzarella, each ball cut into four
1. Saute onions and mince togther in the olive oil in a hot pan.
2. Once cooked, drain off all oil and add tomato puree, and garlic and fry for one minute.
3. Add cherry tomatoes and tinned tomatoes, stir well into the mix, add salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook over a low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Once cooked, stir in Mozzarella until it the outside of the balls start to melt.
6. Serve immediately with spaghetti and maybe a little bread to get all the last traces of sauce!
© Copyright Laverstoke Park Farm 2010